The Senior Citizens' Resources website is a comprehensive website designed to help seniors find information from the federal agencies which administer programs designed to meet the needs of people over age 55.
Senior Citizens' Resources provides users with access to all the government sites that provide services for senior citizens, such as the Social Security Administration, Health Care Financing Administration, the Administration on Aging, the Department of Veterans Affairs, and more. There are also links to all federal agencies and all 50 States.
Some of the topics on Senior Citizens' Resources are:
- Consumer Protection – Information on telephone scams, identity theft, product safety, Medicare, investment scams, fraud, legal assistance and more.
- Education & Training – Information on federal and private-sector training programs, such as the Department of Education, Seniors in Community Service and Green Thumb.
- Health – Information on general health topics, exercise and fitness, health insurance, arthritis, Alzheimer's disease, osteoporosis, nutrition and more.
- Retirement Planner – Sections within the Retirement Planner include financial planning, housing, life insurance, long term care and medical coverage. Also includes links to other resources with general retirement information.
- General Services and Directories – Information and links to services provided by federal agencies covering topics such as aging, health and long term care, legal services, Social Security, veterans services, U.S. Post Office services, taxes and more.
- Work & Volunteer – Information on searching for and finding a job, and volunteer opportunities.